Here’s your guide to Halloween haunts in New York.
Rolling Hill Asylum – East Bethany, NY
- Established in 1827, Rolling Hills Asylum became home to many societal castoffs. The Asylum itself holds over 1,700 documented deaths and hundreds that were left undocumented. In fact, the Asylum has been named the #1 most haunted asylum in the entire United States. So, what makes this Halloween haunt so special? There are no attractions! That’s right, here you are left to experience the paranormal hotspot exactly as is. Rolling Hills is known for Shadow People, class “A” EVPs, disembodied voices, and so much more. What you experience here is the real deal.
Chamber of Horrors – Hauppauge, NY
- Chamber of Horrors has many attractions for you to visit including The Maniac Manor, 3,2,1, Blackout, The Slaughter House, a virtual reality haunt tour, and the Chamber’s 3-minute Escape Room. In the Maniac Manor, ghouls are running wild while the lady of the house is out. 3,2,1, Blackout twists sights, sounds, and your emotions. Finally, The Slaughter House is a mash-up of the dead and dying, who are all ready for you to put them out of their misery.
Horseman’s Hollow – Sleepy Hollow, NY
- During the Halloween season, Phillipsburg Manor transforms into a landscape for the undead. Visitors to Horseman’s Hollow begin by walking through a haunted train and then happen on a town being ravaged by the Headless Horseman. After the trail, visitors move onto Ichabod’s Schoolhouse, where they endure even more horrors.
Castle of Horrors – Rochester, NY
- Castle of Horrors has 50,000 square feet of first-class haunted house experiences. Themed rooms, corridors, and passageways help to create the perfect scare.
Scared by the Sound – Rye, NY
- Located in the abandoned Historic Playland Amusement Park, is 12,000 square feet of haunted house and cemetery, placed next to the stopped rides and seaside walk. A cast of spooky characters are waiting for