Summer is coming, which means warm nights, gathering around a fire, and roasting marshmallows. What’s that? You don’t have a fire pit to roast marshmallows around? Well, never fear. That’s what this article is for! Let’s get ready to build a fire pit that’ll turn your backyard into an oasis.
Fire pit materials:
- Concrete wall stones
How to build a fire pit:
- Check the building codes in your area to get the proper specs and regulations. The last thing you want to do is spend the time to build a fire pit that’s not up to code!
- Find a spot to place the fire pit. It should be away from your house and any low hanging trees.
- Lay out your pavers in the approximate circle size you’d like your fire pit to be. Most fire pits are about 36 to 44 inches in diameter.
- Start digging! Dig a 12-inch hole, but be careful! You don’t want to hit any utility pipes while you’re digging. Pour sand into the bottom of the hole and pack down the sand level.
- Start laying down the wall stones around the perimeter of the hole. Keep stacking until the stones are 12-inches high. For a layer of sand once you’ve finished stacking the stones so it reaches the first layer of stones, approximately four inches.
- Enjoy! Your fire pit is ready for long summer nights and plenty of s’mores.