https://www.gardenstateloans.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/wallpaper.jpg 800 1300 Dori Gelman https://www.gardenstateloans.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/fb_logo-300x141.jpg Dori Gelman2017-10-20 12:30:222017-10-20 09:08:36Ten Steps to Flawless Wallpaper
Wallpaper is a great alternative for anyone who doesn’t want to paint or wants a bold pattern. Here’s how to get your wallpaper looking perfect.
- Use a sponge and a bucket of warm water to wipe down the walls to get rid of any imperfections. Let the walls dry completely.
- Look for any uneven areas and fill them in with a drywall compound and a large putty knife. Let the drywall dry for 24 hours and then sand it smooth. Wipe off any dust with a damp sponge.
- Apply a primer to the walls with a brush or roller to help the wallpaper stick. Let the primer dry for about two hours before hanging any wallpaper.
- Using a straight edge and level, draw a guideline on the wall for the wallpaper.
- Measure and cut your paper, making sure to leave an extra four inches at the top.
- Once you have cut your paper, spread it out on a flat surface and spread on adhesive. Be careful not to get adhesive on the table as this will damage the color and design of the wallpaper. When applying the adhesive, use a figure-eight motion to get an even spread.
- Fold the ends of the paper in on themselves so you have a place to grip and carry the paper to the wall. Line the paper up with the guideline you previously drew for yourself, leaving a couple inches at the top and bottom.
- Using a smoothing brush, smooth down the paper so there isn’t any wrinkles or air bubbles.
- Trim the excess paper on the top and bottom with a utility knife.
- Repeat the process until all the walls are covered. When finished, use a seam roller to press the seams tightly together to ensure a flawless look.