https://www.gardenstateloans.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Windows.jpg 800 1300 Dori Gelman https://www.gardenstateloans.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/fb_logo-300x141.jpg Dori Gelman2017-10-10 09:30:592017-10-10 11:09:13Eight Types of Windows
Are you looking for a household update? One thing that can change the whole look of your home from the outside in is by installing new windows. Here are window types that can make your home look like new.
- Double hung windows have two sashes that slide vertically up and down in the window frame. These types of windows can open from either the top or bottom while remaining inside the frame. On a single-hung window, only the bottom part of the window opens while the top part of the window remains stationary.
- Casement windows open by turning a crank. The windows are hinged either on the left or right and open outward.
- Picture windows are large stationary (meaning they do not open) windows that let in a lot of light as well as give you a great view of the outdoors.
- Transom windows are narrow windows that can be operating or non-operating. They are usually placed above a door or window to let in more light.
- Awning windows are hinged at the top and open outward to let in air. They can be installed above, below, or alongside an operating or stationary window.
- Stationary windows do not open. They can be customized into various shapes to give your home a unique look.
- Slider windows glide along a track. These windows often have one operating window that horizontally slides past the other window.
- Bay windows give you more interior space as they protrude out from the siding of the house. They are usually a combination of windows, with stationary windows in the middle and double-hung or casement windows on the sides.